Free World-Wide delivery
Be The Ultimate
The AK240 MQS Portable Music Player is the new flagship model in Astell&Kern's growing range of exceptionally high-quality portable music players. This pocket-sized machine offers 256GB of onboard memory, expandable via its microSD card slot to a very impressive 384GB - plenty of space to carry around your music collection at the quality it was meant to be heard in - whether DSD or 24bit or 16bit PCM - as well as the ability to stream music digitally via USB, Optical, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connections.
Its Wi-Fi capability not only allows you to stream music from your PC, laptop or media server over your local network, but also to connect directly to online music stores to download music as well as taking the pain out of updating its firmware with automatic notifications and Over-The-Air upgrades.
The AK240 features a dual-core processor which allows it to to replay your high-res files while serving up a silky smooth user interface experience with zero lag. With its huge 3.31" AMOLED touch screen with 480x800 resolution and all-new Android-based User Interface, there is ample screen space for navigating your collection, made all the easier with a superb search feature easily accessible at the swipe of a finger.
In a move away from the Wolfson chips used in the AK100 and AK120, the AK240 houses dual Cirrus Logic 4398 DAC chips along with an exclusive XMOS chip dedicated to enabling native DSD support, meaning this portable player competes with the best full-size Hi-Fi DACs on sound as well as features while still being small enough to fit in a shirt or jacket pocket.
- 3.31" AMOLED touch screen display with 480x800 (WVGA) resolution
- Dual Cirrus Logic CS4398 DACs in a dual-mono configuration
- Native DSD support of both DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz) and DSD128 (1bit 5.6MHz) files (DFF / DSF)
- Also supports WAV, FLAC, APE (Normal, High, Fast), ALAC, AIFF, WMA, ASF, OGG, AAC & MP3 files
- Gapless playback of all file types
- Balanced 2.5mm and unbalanced 3.5mm analogue outputs
- Optical digital output
- USB DAC via Micro-B USB input
- 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz) Wi-Fi enabled - stream music, connect directly to online hi-res music stores & receive notifications & Over-The-Air firmware upgrades
- Bluetooth v4.0
- 256GB internal memory and one microSD card slot
- 10 band touch screen EQ with 0.5dB steps
- 3,250mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Duralumin (aircraft grade aluminium alloy) & carbon fibre body
- Beautiful Minerva leather case from Badalassi Carlo
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 66 x 107 x 17.5 mm
- Weight: 185g
|Frequency Response:||±0.023dB (20Hz~20kHz) (Unbalanced & Balanced)
±0.3dB (10Hz~70kHz) (Unbalanced & Balanced)
|Signal to Noise Ratio:||Unbalanced: 116dB @ 1kHz
Balanced: 117dB @ 1kHz
|Crosstalk:||Unbalanced: 130dB @ 1kHz
Balanced: 135dB @ 1kHz
|THD+N:||Unbalanced: 0.0007% @ 1kHz
Balanced: 0.0005% @ 1kHz
|IMD SMPTE:||Unbalanced: 0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1)
Balanced: 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1)
|Output Level:||Unbalanced: 2.1Vrms
Balanced: 2.3Vrms (No Load)
|Output Impedance:||Unbalanced: 2ohm
|Clock Jitter:||50ps (Typ)|
More products from Astell&Kern
Sound Fidelity say:
“How do Astell and Kern do it!?? The AK240 is another truly 'game changing' music playing device, whether you use it on the go or in your home Hi-Fi system (or both), it simply offers a sound quality that blows you away. Yes, it's expensive, but putting all the features together, you will not find a cheaper way to play and stream your music with the sound quality this DAP/streamer offers. All things considered, it's actually a bit of a bargain!”
Astell&Kern AK240 Manual (English) (9.8 MB)
For using MQS Streaming to the AK100 II / AK120 II / AK240.
0.5.1 updates (August 2014):
- Library scan improved.
For MAC Lion 10.7+ only.
Astell&Kern AK240 USB DAC Driver (Mac) (291.1 KB)
Required for MQS streaming to your AK240 / AK120 II / AK100 II from a Windows PC. No extra software is required for OS X or Linux systems.
MQS Streaming Server Help: http://www.astellnkern.com/eng/mssm.html
If you already have a previous version installed, please uninstall first before reinstalling this version.
iriver Plus4 (37.1 MB)iriver's own music library and device management software for Windows.
Android File Transfer (3.1 MB)
For Mac users only. No extra software is required for data transfer on Windows systems.
Android File Transfer is an application for Macintosh computers (running Mac OS X 10.5 or later) you can use to view and transfer files between your Mac and an Android device (running Android 3.0 or later).
Download and Install
- Step 1: Click Download Now above.
- Step 2: When the download completes, double-click androidfiletransfer.dmg.
- Step 3: In the Installer window, drag Android File Transfer to Applications.
Use Android File Transfer
Use the USB cable that came with your Android device to connect it to your Mac.
- Double-click Android File Transfer to open it the first time (subsequently, it opens automatically).
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device, add folders, copy files up to 4GB to or from your Mac, delete files, and more.
- Choose Help > Android File Transfer Help to learn more.
Be the first to add a review of Astell&Kern AK240 and earn 5% off your next purchase (subject to approval).