Astell&Kern AK100 II
Our Price: £799.00
Free UK delivery
A New Standard in Listening to Music
The new AK100 II has more in common with the flagship AK240 than with the original AK100 which made such an impact when it was released back in late 2012. It has the same Cirrus Logic DAC chip, balanced output, Wi-Fi streaming, 10 band EQ, large AMOLED touch screen display and slick Android-based operating system, and has also been completely redesigned and engineered from the inside out. What remains is the same exceptional quality of design, engineering and manufacture, and, most importantly, peerless sound quality in a truly portable player which is equally at home in your hi-fi system.
- Colour: Smoky Blue
- Body Material: Aluminium
- Display: 3.31" WVGA (480 x 800) AMOLED Touchscreen
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE (Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample rate:
- FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF : 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24bits per Sample)
- DSD : DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS4398 x1 (Single DAC)
- Decoding: Supports up to 24bit/192kHz Bit to Bit Decoding
- Input: USB Micro-B input (for charging & data transfer) / Connection Mode : MTP (Media Device)
- Outputs: PHONES (3.5mm) / Optical Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.0
- Dimensions: 55mm [W] x 111mm [H] x 14.9mm [D]
- Weight: 170g
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Battery Capacity: 3,150mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Built-in Memory: 64GB [NAND]
- External Memory: microSD (Max 128GB) x 1
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows 7/8 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up
|Frequency Response||±0.025dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced & Balanced / ±0.6dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced & Balanced|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||115dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 115dB @ 1kHz, Balanced|
|Crosstalk||127dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 130dB @ 1kHz, Balanced|
|THD+N||0.0009% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 0.0008% @ 1kHz, Balanced|
|IMD SMPTE||0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Unbalanced / 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Balanced|
|Output Level||Unbalanced 2.0Vrms / Balanced 1.7Vrms (Condition No Load)|
|Output Impedance||Balanced out 2.5mm (1 Ω) / PHONES 3.5mm (2 Ω)|
|Clock Jitter||50ps (Typ)|
In the box:
- Premium Italian Leather Case (with certificate of authenticity)
- Spare set front / rear screen protectors
- Warranty Card
MPN: AK100 II
More products from Astell&Kern
Astell&Kern AK100 II Manual (7.5 MB)
For using MQS Streaming to the AK100 II / AK120 II / AK240.
0.5.1 updates (August 2014):
- Library scan improved.
For MAC Lion 10.7+ only.
Required for MQS streaming to your AK240 / AK120 II / AK100 II from a Windows PC. No extra software is required for OS X or Linux systems.
MQS Streaming Server Help: http://www.astellnkern.com/eng/mssm.html
If you already have a previous version installed, please uninstall first before reinstalling this version.
iriver Plus4 (37.1 MB)iriver's own music library and device management software for Windows.
Android File Transfer (3.1 MB)
For Mac users only. No extra software is required for data transfer on Windows systems.
Android File Transfer is an application for Macintosh computers (running Mac OS X 10.5 or later) you can use to view and transfer files between your Mac and an Android device (running Android 3.0 or later).
Download and Install
- Step 1: Click Download Now above.
- Step 2: When the download completes, double-click androidfiletransfer.dmg.
- Step 3: In the Installer window, drag Android File Transfer to Applications.
Use Android File Transfer
Use the USB cable that came with your Android device to connect it to your Mac.
- Double-click Android File Transfer to open it the first time (subsequently, it opens automatically).
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device, add folders, copy files up to 4GB to or from your Mac, delete files, and more.
- Choose Help > Android File Transfer Help to learn more.
Be the first to add a review of Astell&Kern AK100 II and earn 5% off your next purchase (subject to approval).